Free Standing Cooker
Most cooker of this type are fitted with a flexible gas connection incorporation a self-sealing plug and socket. This type of installation also requires a stabillity device to ensure the cooker cannot tip forward.
Gas cooking appliances
Cookers provide a very harsh environment for gas burners in that burners can get covered in grease, spilt liquids (milk, gravy etc) and particles of food, all of which can block burners ports.
Cooker burners are designed to operate in such harsh conditions and are capable of working adequately for long periods under dirty conditions. Nevertheless, they do require servicing and regular attention will make a cooker light better, burn cleaner and give more satisfactory service.
price for Any Cooker or Hob installation is £55 pounds and nothing else, for any reason if there was a problem the engineer will let you know before any further work can be carried out.
- Remove hob burners
- Clean burner ports, injectors and air inlet ports
- Inspect for signs of corrosion or distortion - replace if necessary
- Remove oven burner - dismantle and clean burner ports injectors and air ports
- If conventional grill, remove burner and clean
- Inspect all burners for corrosion and signs of distortion - repace if necessay
- Check operation of gas taps for tightness and simmer settings
- Dismantle, clean and re-grease where necessary
- Re-connect gas and electric supplies, test all disturbed joints with leak detection fluid
- Check ignition and flame picture on all burners
- Check operation of gas taps, thermostate and flame failure devices
- Check operation of SSOV or switch back mechanism
- Check condition of flexible hose of cracks or other signs of deterioration-replace if necessary
- Check purpose provided ventilation
- Check door seals (stiff taps or scorched facia may indicate a fault)
Modern cookers now have advanced functions including automatic cooking and electronic ignition and in many ways experiance problems similar to those encontered on other appliances such as boilers.
Our price For Cooker Service is £45 pounds and nothing else, for any reason if there was a problem the engineer will let you know before any further work can be carried out.
As with a free standing cooker, space has to be allowed so that there is no fire risk to combustible surface. The diagram gives the recommended minimum clearences unless the manufactor's instructions clearly state an alternative dimension
Previously used appliance
A previously used (2nd hand) appliance shall only be installed if it is in a serviceable and safe condition; suitable for the gas being supplied; and fitted with a readable data plate.